I’m interviewing Miyuki today, the main character in YA fantasy novella “Miyuki”.
1) What’s your name? Miyuki.
2) Where are you from? I’m from Jericho. It’s got its problems, but it’s home.
3) Can you tell us about your family? I live with my grandfather. Both of my parents died when I was younger, so it’s just him and me for now.
4) What do you do for a living? I try not to get killed. Well, technically, I’m a high school student. I’d love to get a summer job, but that’s sort of contingent on me not dying.
5) Do you have any hobbies? I like to go swimming. It adds a whole new dimension when you can change the direction of the water to move with you.
6) Do you have any pets? I feed the feral cats that live in my neighborhood sometimes. Does that count?
7) How old are you? I’m old enough.
8) What challenges do you face? Last summer, we did some things that I’m not too proud of, and it’s up to me to set things right. Now, if only I could get my friends on board, we could start changing things in this town. I mean, what’s the point of being able to control water when you don’t use it for good?
About The Book
Author: Veronica Bane
Genre: YA Fantasy Novella
In the town of Jericho, a group of misfit teenagers haunts the underbelly of their society. Armed with the ability to manipulate different parts of nature, these teenagers fight for their right to stay alive. In the months following an attack on their lives, danger still lurks around them. Those behind the original strike have risen from the ashes, and new powers are beginning to reveal themselves. With this mysterious threat imminent, Mara, Miyuki, and the rest of the Unusuals must stand together to fight. However, time is running out for the group, for someone—or something—is hunting them, and this time around, not all of them will survive.
Veronica Bane grew up in San Diego, California and spent her days writing in local coffee shops and at the beach. Her writing was and has always been fed a healthy diet of chai tea lattes and film scores. She studied Creative Writing at Chapman University and now lives in Los Angeles.
Author Website: www.veronicabane.com
Mara on Amazon: http://amzn.com/0615846130